Simon's Wagyu Reverse Sear
by Simon S
Here is the recipe I usually follow to cook any thick (more than 1 inch thick) American Wagyu steaks to medium rare but I don’t cook Japanese A5 like this unless its super thick.
- 2 hours before cooking use a fork to pierce the fat all over the sides
- Rub Kosher Salt on the fat like in picture
- Leave in fridge for an hour uncovered
- 1 hour before cooking take steak out and leave on kitchen counter to come to room temperature
- When ready to cook pre-heat oven to 230°F
- Bake until internal temperature of meat is 118°F (around 30-45 minutes)
- Take out of oven
- Use paper towel to pat dry exterior of steak and wipe off excess salt
- Season with kosher salt and ground pepper
- In Cast Iron or Aluminum frying pan heat up Canola Oil on medium high
- Add Garlic and a sprig of Rosemary
- Sear steak on both sides for about 1-3 minutes (times vary depending on stove) until desired crust forms
- Sear sides of steak to give the fat a nice golden crust (use tongs)
- VERY IMPORTANT Place on butcher board and let rest for 10-15 minutes on counter adding the rosemary and garlic on top of steak
- Cut into slices and serve
You can also search YouTube for other recipes, Google Reverse Sear Steak or How to Cook Wagyu. This is the one I’ve stuck with because it comes out perfect every time.
Let us know how your turns out and please leave us a review on our website once you’ve tried this amazing steak. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us.